Introduction from the Head of Sixth Form
Welcome to Light Hall Sixth Form. I’m very proud and excited to share all our Sixth Form has to offer with you. Light Hall is a very special place, our students are friendly, enthusiastic and eager to learn. They are at the heart of all we do. Our staff are caring, supportive and completely committed to ensuring that every child succeeds and achieves their very best with us, no matter what their starting point.
We are a co-educational 11-18 academy and our aim is for every student to leave us, not only having achieved their full potential academically, but with a love of learning, a sound moral compass and high aspirations and expectations of themselves as they take their next steps into adulthood, whether that be at university or the working world.
Our Sixth Form offers a diverse range of opportunities; from sports teams, through volunteering, mentoring, student leadership and work experience, all of which will enable you to contribute actively to society and be curious, ambitious and courageous in your futures.
Our Sixth Form is a testament to our commitment to providing the best possible education and support for our students and this guide will give you just a taste of what being a Light Hall student will be.
Please do also find the latest details about the Sixth Form here and the application process here within these pages and you can also follow us on Instagram @LHS6thForm. However, to fully taste the “Light Hall” experience, please arrange a visit. You are very welcome!
Thank you for your interest in Light Hall and I look forward to welcoming you soon to Light Hall Sixth Form!
Light Hall Sixth Form
We want our Sixth Form students to embody our Light Hall core values and leave us as well-rounded, emotionally intelligent adults, who are resilient, reflective, resourceful and ready to fulfil their potential in the next stage of their lives. At Light Hall, they will have experienced a broad and demanding curriculum, rich in experiences, personalised care and guidance, so that they are able to contribute actively to society and be curious, ambitious and courageous in their futures.
It follows then that through our Sixth Form Curriculum offer, we hope to achieve our aims:
- To provide an academic curriculum which is appropriately challenging, engaging and inspiring in its range and demands
- To encourage and develop the academic skills of independent study, academic research and reflective practice
- To provide opportunities and experiences for pupils to study and grow beyond the curriculum whilst taking full advantage of the breadth of opportunity on offer
- To acquire and develop a range of wider personal skills to allow our students to confidently and successfully enter higher education and future employment with resilience and adaptability
- To encourage pupils to consider, debate and reflect on the issues relevant to them and their community as they move towards adulthood and contribute actively as responsible citizens
Our Sixth Form Prospectus
For any specific subject queries, then please contact the relevant Subject Lead details can be found in the A Level Subjects section here
For any other Sixth Form queries, then please feel free to contact our Head of Sixth Form, Mr Brookes here or for more general queries then please contact us via email here or by phone on 0121 744 3835 (Main)