Our uniform bears our logo, which represents our core values. Our uniform should be worn with pride. Students are expected to adhere to the uniform rules and present themselves smartly every day as they would in the world of work.
We do appreciate that shoes can be an expensive item for parents to buy and we are therefore keen to ensure the correct version is purchased. Your child may tell you differently. Trainer type shoes are not permitted, nor are canvas pumps, trainers or mules. There should be no added “bling” in the form of glittery stones and studs. Shoes should be flat or with a minimal heel, sensible plain style. Black, clean and polished.
Below are examples of shoes the school deems unacceptable.
Jewellery & Piercings
A watch for telling the time and one small plain metal stud in each pierced ear lobe are permitted. These must be removed for safety reasons during PE lessons.
No large earrings, glass studs or stretchers.
Only one plain stud per ear lobe is permitted for pupils with pierced ears. No other body piercings are allowed, or piercings covered with plasters.
If your child is going to have their ears pierced please ensure this takes place at the beginning of the six week holiday so that pupils are able to remove earrings if requested without still undergoing the “settling in” period.
Make-Up, Nail Varnish & False Eye Lashes
Make-up is inappropriate with school uniform and should not be worn.
No nail varnish or false nails to be worn.
False eyes lashes are unacceptable due to Health & Safety concerns.
Haircuts & Accessories
Conventional hairstyle/colour. No coloured hair/stripes shaved in. Hair not be shorter than a ‘No. 2’. cut. Hair accessories must be functional, small and black.
Light Hall Uniform (Boys & Girls)
- Black Blazer with Badge
- Black Trousers (conventional width – no tight fitting trousers)
- Black Pleated School skirt (supplied by either Early Years, Clive Mark or Concept school wear) with pre-embroidered tree on the hemline. The hemline must be on the knee
- Black Straight skirt supplied by either Early Years, Clive Mark or Concept school wear) with pre-embroidered tree on the hemline or alternatively a black straight skirt can be purchased from a high street store and a badge purchased from school to be sown onto the hemline (front left). This hemline must be on the knee. The skirt fabric must not be stretch, tube, knitted, leather or faux leather
- Black Socks/Tights
- White Collared Shirt
- School House Tie – Clip-on
- Black formal shoes (no pumps or trainer style)
- Black V neck sweater (to ensure that tie can seen)
- Appropriate outdoor coat (no denim, no logos, no hoodies, no sportswear, no leather)
- Headscarves to be plain black only
Sportswear (Boys & Girls)
- Light Hall Polo Shirt with Light Hall Badge
- Black Shorts with Light Hall Badge or Light Hall Skort
- Universal Sports Top with Light Hall Badge
- Shin Pads
- Black Football Socks
- Gum Shield (advisable for hockey and rugby)
- Football Boots (required for football or rugby)
- School Base Layer – black
- School Track Suite bottoms – from approved supplier with logo. (During the Covid crisis, on the days they have PE, students may wear plain black track suit bottoms. No leggings or coloured track suit bottoms.)
All students uniform should be clearly named. All students should have an appropriate school bag, suitable to carry a day’s books and their pencil case.